Sunday 17 July 2016

Normal Service Has Been Resumed...

 We've just had a much needed week away, staying in Alderney, which is one of the Channel Islands.
 While the rain poured down back at home, we had plenty of sunshine and empty beaches.
 We sat and watched the gannets from the cliff top...
 ...strolled round the harbour...
...lazed in the sunshine digging sandcastles and got gently burnt to a crisp.  This was a busy day at the beach.

I caught up with old school friends, read endlessly, drank plenty of wine and beer and probably ate far too much.  It was just what we needed and while it was a wrench to come back home, I feel refreshed and ready to don the yoke once again....tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sue Doran said...

I do love to be beside the seaside too; we just got back from a few days in Robin Hood's Bay but you had far quieter beaches. Looks absolutely idyllic. Don't work too hard now you're back!

Caroline B said...

It's a gorgeous place, stuck in a timewarp, still the same as it was when I lived there in my teens. A good antidote to the past few months! I have a ton of work to get on with, but feel refreshed and ready to go.

Gretel said...

Ooh, Alderney looks wonderful! I'd far rather go there than Tenerife, met put it on my list of places to go when I have more money!

Caroline B said...

You would love it Gretel!