Saturday 2 December 2017

Velcro & Barney...

 Well, I'm still into painting on wooden discs although I can't find the nice smooth domed ones similar to the few I had squirrelled away on my desk.  This is a flat disc, about 8 cm across and is my first trial run.  I discovered half way through that putting paint on these discs causes the grain of the wood to stand up and makes for a very rough painting surface.  Next time I will have to sand it down before actually painting a picture.  This is a young bear called Velcro, from Katmai National Park.
 I've been knitting another replica pet, this time a lurcher called Barney.  He turned out rather cute!
 He comes with the usual bed, blanket and coat.
I'm available if you would like your pet knitted - just enough time to get one done before Christmas!

No comments: