Friday 8 February 2019

Peanut & A Lily...

It was a wet and blustery day today, the kind of day you stay in and get on with some painting!  Here is the bear 902 aka Peanut/Fifi when she was a cub.  I've painted her a few times, mainly because she was just so cute but also because she defied the odds and despite being the tiny, skinny runt of the litter, survived and thrived to adulthood.  Last seen in the autumn of 2018 at Brooks Falls, Katmai National Park, looking very fat and ready for hibernation.  I can;t wait to see her return in the Spring!
I have also re-vamped the lily painting - I like using paint dribbles on my paintings but this time it didn't work at all.  So I painted the whole background gold and am happy with it now.  Once I can photograph it in the daylight (there was not much of that today) it will go up for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments: