Saturday 28 September 2019

Nearly There...

Yesterday I finally had some time to work on this properly - it's been a hell of a week with all sorts of problems to deal with, including floods in the kitchen due to an overflowing gutter pouring through the boiler flue.  I also had the hospital check up on my "new" eye - all is well and I am back on the waitig list for an op on the other eye.

So this is an acrylic painting, first I have done for quite a while, on canvas. I usually avoid canvas like the plague as I don't like the way it bounces under the brush, but for a landscape that is not a problem.  I had hoped to complete it in time to enter a little competition of river paintings but as that closes in two days time, I don't think I'll make it!  It's been a fun painting to do though, and I am very happy with how it is turning out.

No comments: