Sunday 8 December 2019

Here There Be Dragons...

 I was commissioned to crochet some fingerless mitts with dragon scales, and was given a couple of photos to work with.   I searched the net for a free pattern and found one that was sort of what I wanted, but upon starting it, realised it needed some tweaking.  The yarn I'd chosen was perfect but thinner than normal dk so I had to increase the stitches.
 Then I realised that having the scales all around the mitt would make it very bulky, so started yet again but incorporating a flat palm.
So after a couple of false starts, I finally had a pattern that worked.  I love how the yarn changes colour exactly with each row of scales - very much more luck than judgement!  I like these so much that as I ordered twice as much yarn as needed, I shall make another pair.

And that's the last of the Christmas commissions - I have a lot of other work waiting in the wings but I can afford to take my time over it and hopefully do my own thing for a couple of weeks.

No comments: