Sunday 5 April 2020

Peanut...

 While all this virus malarkey is going on, I still had a couple of commissions to do.  I finished this cute little wooden trinket box a couple of days ago - it has a picture of the bear 902 Peanut on it.  It was nice to paint a bear other than Otis for a change, and seeing as I have nowhere to go, I spent a lot more time on it than I would have normally.
 Instead of painting the rest of the box black as with the Otis boxes, I decided to paint it to look a bit like water, with shades of blue & green.
As the box is smaller than the usual ones, it wouldhave been impossible to line it with cotton fabric entirely, so I used a greeny-blue felt for the sides and lid, with a piece of fishy cotton fabric for the bottom of the base.

The only sad thing is that due to the recipient's location, I can't send this until their country's lockdown is relaxed.

The other commission is a watercoluor of a bear - looking forward to that.

No comments: