Thursday 22 February 2024

Sweet...


 Last week saw my granddaughter's 3rd birthday and she had a little party with all the 'oldies' - grandparents, family friends etc.  Mr.B took a sweet photo of her eating a slice of birthday cake and I just had to paint it!  I used a new set of watercolours, Rosa, made in Ukraine, that I bought with a gift voucher received on my birthday.  They are quite different to the watercolours I usually use (White Knights) but once I'd got the hang of them I really enjoyed using them for this delicate little painting.  It was really good to paint something different - I've had a year of painting dogs - and getting my brain working!

No commissions at the moment - please get in touch if you would like me to paint something for you!  In the meantime, we're giving thebathroom a little makeover so the next thing I shall be painting is a bath panel and a set of shelves!

1 comment:

MELODY JACOB said...

What a delightful way to celebrate your granddaughter's 3rd birthday! Painting her enjoying a slice of birthday cake must have been such a joy, especially with your new set of watercolours from Ukraine. It's always refreshing to try out new materials and techniques, and it sounds like you've had a wonderful experience exploring the Rosa watercolours for this delicate painting. Transitioning from painting dogs to a sweet family moment must have been a lovely change of pace for your creativity. Best of luck with the bathroom makeover, and I'm sure your artistic touch will bring a beautiful transformation to the bath panel and shelves!

READ MY NEW BLOG POST: Melody Jacob Blog