Sunday 24 June 2012

Wash and Wear

The flamingo t-shirt was finished yesterday and it was with great trepidation I washed it this morning - I half expected to see three days work melt into a swirl of pink water.  However, the Inktense colours stayed fast and it looks the same now as it did before it's dunking.  For a first time, it's not too bad - perhaps next time I would plan the composition a bit better.  There were supposed to be two flamingoes on this one but I couldn't find a photo in a pose I liked for the second one, so for the time being there is just the one.  I can always paint another one in later.

Do you think this is an idea that would appeal - customised hand-painted t-shirts?  It doesn't have to be flamingoes!  If you'd like one, feel free to gt in touch.

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

Very cool. Love the feel of this. You could just add some reeds on the left? xo

Soggibottom said...

Go for it, most of my hand drawn T shirt efforts look a bit sick to yours :-) X X X

Avril said...

Love it! I've been trying to paint with Inktense on fabric but unlike you the permanent thing hasn't been working out for me. The colours just leaked through one another. How did you manage to keep them so clean and precise?