Wednesday 30 January 2019

Amaryllis...

The amaryllis I was given for Christmas is in bloom and quite magnificent.  I thought I'd have a go at painting it and try and rouse myself out of the awful artist's block I'm going through at the moment.  It was quite fun but had to be quick as the second bud is visibly opening and the first one moving as I painted.
I used some of the Japanese gold watercolour I got a year ago for the background - I likeit!  I can't decide which is better though, the whole painting or cropping off the dribbly bits.  What do you think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again.

answering your question.....
As much as I like the dribbly bits in other paintings, not a fan of it here.

As an aside, mom just bought a townhouse in Mesa. Closed this morning. It's close to my aunt (her sis) and about 45 min drive for me. She'll be moving from MA to Az when her MA house sells - probably in the spring. And I still have never seen Boston. Sigh.

T

kjsutcliffe said...

with added dribbles!