Monday 16 December 2019

Friends & Family...

In the past couple of weeks we have...
...dropped in to Central Perk...
 ...visited Monica's apartment...
 ...called in on Joey & Chandler...
...and collected for charity outside Macy's.
 I took my daughter up to London to visit the Friends Festive exhibition, something we had booked months ago.  Despite the train strike - just needed a little extra planning - we managed to get there and spent a wonderful few hours wandering around the exhibits, taking the tour of the sets from the show, and having a Ross turkey sandwich for lunch, complete with the 'moist maker'.  The travelling too and from was tiresome and tiring, but definitely worth it to see my daughter's face light up when we entered the venue.  She had such a good time and since buying a 'Holiday Armadillo' Christmas jumper, has worn it 7 days out of 10. (Yes, it has been washed in between wearings!)

Then last Sunday I celebrated my 60th birthday - how on earth did that happen?  In order to mark the occasion, I had booked lunch for my family and friends at Meade Hall, Minley, where we had a medieval feast - I'm not kidding, feast is an understatement!  Four courses, spread out over about five hours - tureen of soup, choice of starters, a huge spread of various roast meats & vegetables to pick and choose from on the table, and finally a choice of desserts.  We rolled out of there in the early evening, went home to collapse on the sofa for the rest of the evening with no more food...well, apart from a slice of birthday cake!

 I got some wonderful presents...
 ...including this beautiful  antique carved bear from my son and his girlfriend.
 Hopefully I can play with the new Daniel Smith paints very soon - I have completed all my Christmas commissions and although I have quite a lot of work in the queue for after Christmas, I am taking a break until after the festivities.  It's been such a busy year, I think I deserve it, don't you?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Caroline!
Looks like fun was had by all.

I'm glad you're able to take some time off to enjoy the holidays.
I thought I was going to do that, but this week I've been absolutely buried in work that will last through the end of the year. will be in trial the whole month of January. Plus family issues. I'll be taking a few days off and we'll take time to have a lovely xmas meal. My aunt and mom have had some health issues, so dealing w/ that, too. I keep meaning to write and update you w/ what's been happening, but "crazy" doesn't even begin to describe how crazy busy the past couple months have been.

Maybe one of the nights I just can't sleep I'll catch you up. If not then, then not till after trial.

Have a fabulous holiday season and fantastic 2020!

Tricia in Phoenix, it's a dry heat, AZ.
;-)