Thursday 6 May 2021

Lost Souls...


 I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post - things have been happening, but mainly I have been taking a bit of a rest after a busy winter.  I feel very weary after the current lockdown for some reason.

But I have been crocheting in the evenings and finally completed this lovely Lost Souls shawl.  It's made in a silk/merino/mohair mix that I had squirrelled away in my stash.  I could not find any more to buy when it looked like I would not have enough - must be discontinued.  Thankfully once the shawl was washed and blocked, it grew a fair bit!

I used a free pattern by Maryetta Roy - check it out if you can, it is very clever and simple to do once you get the hang of the repeats.  I like it so much I have started another one in some different yarn that I know I have enough of!  This one is already taken, but the next one will be up for grabs if and when I finish it.

On the easel - a small bear painting that seems to be taking an eternity!  I have not had the time to paint as much as I would like - with life slowly returning back to normal, suddenly there seem to be more and more things requiring my attention.  Frustrating to say the least.

And finally, my daughter is now fully vaccinated and Mr.B and I get our second dose next week so we can all breath a sigh of relief...

No comments: