Monday 21 March 2022

Looking Sheepish...


 Last week I knitted this dress for my granddaughter, and finished off the appliqued sheep last night.

This is a combination of two patterns - the one I found with the sheep design had a fancy smock style bodice with a Peter Pan collar, which I didn't like at all, too fussy.  The other pattern had a lacy skirt, but a nice plain bodice.  So I knitted the second pattern, omitting the lace.  Initially I tried knitting the sheep into the skirt as per the first pattern, but my work was tight and lumpy and did not look good.  So instead I knitted the dress plain, and then made little sheep bodies to be sewn on with their legs, tails & heads embroidered over the top.  I think it came out pretty well!

Now we just have to see if it fits the young lady in question!

No comments: