Monday 10 October 2011

Daisy, Daisy......

I have to admit, this weekend I had a bit of a meltdown, panicking about not getting everything done before I head off on holiday.  I was not fun to be with, as my daughter would surely testify.  Swears got sworn, voices were raised, objects got thrown about - it was like having a malevolent poltergeist in the house.  However, after managing to drop my purse, complete with all cards, cash and important bits of paper, into the dog's water bowl (don't ask....) it was time to take a very deep breath and calm down.  Some chill out time feeding the swans and geese at the local lake, followed by an hours very physical gardening did the trick.  So it was with great relief I found that I had finished the above portrait before teatime yesterday.  Which means I only have a couple of small projects left and over a week to complete them in.

Daisy the dog was a lot of fun to draw, once again using Derwent Drawing Pencils.  It's been a few months since having a dog portrait to do, and it felt good to get back in the groove as it were.

If you want to commission a portrait or a knitted animal as a Christmas present, time is running out - I work on a first come, first served basis, and will not be able to guarantee completion in time if orders come in after the middle of November, so the earlier the better.  If only to prevent my daughter having to hear that kind of language again.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the dog portrait turned out great! hope client were happy :0))
sorry to hear about the stress levels rising but good they have calmed down and your hols are sure to make things nice and relaxed :0) Have fun!!

Soggibottom said...

Pleased I was asleep while all that was going on. The dog portrait, well, who wouldn't be the pleased with such a great job done of Daisy.
:-) x x x

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the fab drawing of Daisy.... Still cant stop looking at it and cannot wait for Christmas day to hand the picture over.... thanks again