Wednesday 22 January 2014

When Your Body Has Other Ideas...

As I probably said in an earlier post, this week saw the first time in I don't know how long that I had a couple of days totally free from commissioned work.  Whilst that is a little worrying (but January is always the lowest month for commissions) I thought it would be a great chance to get on with some of my personal projects that I have had in mind for months.  It was not to be...  I started off experimenting with a method of crocheting two colours - I had intended for it to be a mug cosy but misjudged the size.  Fell asleep several times during this, it took me two evenings.  That's a handy plastic pot I've covered there...to put things in....along with all the other handy pots, boxes and bags that proliferate in my house.

Last night I got as far as getting a couple of books down in order to search for a little inspiration....and fell asleep.  In fact, I spent the whole evening from about 8.30 onwards just drifting in and out of sleep.  I guess I was being told it was time to get some rest after months of working every evening of the week.

I have some more bits and pieces to make for the animated film now, so hopefully I can keep my eyes open long enough to get them done!
Thankfully during the day I can stay awake and have been working on an elephant painting.  Early days yet, it took one afternoon to sketch it out, and yesterday I just laid down some basic watercolour in yellow ochre and a few shadows.  Felt a bit rusty, it's been a while since painting a detailed wildlife picture, but I'm enjoying it so far.

No comments: