Saturday 5 April 2014

And The Sheepishness Carries On...



 Ever since I bought more of the vintage blanket fabric, I have wanted to design my own lamb toy rather than adapt someone else's pattern.  Admittedly, designing a toy for me is more like drawing the animal from a side view then cutting out the shape and adding a couple of gussets!
I'm quite happy with how this little chap has turned out though - everything seemed to fit together nicely and once he was stuffed, the shapes were what I was after.
He has a smart green bow with a rusty looking bell too!  If you are interested, he's for sale in my Etsy shop now.

Also for sale in my shop now is the painted egg.  Needless to say, it did not win anything in the competition at work as children were judges and as always, they went for the egg that made them laugh!  So rather than waste the amount of work that went into this, I thought it only right to see if anyone else would like it.

Suffering from a strained shoulder at the moment which makes everything to do with my right arm very painful - I do hope it doesn't affect my knitting.  Silly thing is, I have no idea how I did it so don't know how to alleviate it!




1 comment:

Soggibottom said...

Well done ref the lamb. There are times vintage fabric is not easy to sew. I think you made a really good job.
Beautiful egg, kids at time have no taste :-)

Get well soon, hope the aches and strains go away. Is it age related :-) :-) :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxx
he, he, he, XXX