Tuesday 3 March 2015

Lizards & Lace

This was a commission I received last week.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to have a gecko crocheted for them, but I am very glad they did!  Funny little thing, quite tricky to make due to its size.
Personally I am terrified of geckos - when I lived in Greece I would rather sleep in the living room than my own bedroom if there was a gecko on the ceiling.  Not sure why I have that fear, it came as a surprise to me as well - it's not lizards, just geckos....Not crocheted ones though, as they don't shed their tails or stalk you from above.
Amongst the paid work, I managed to knit this cute little scarflet.  I love the pattern, not just lace but wavy texture as well.
I also love the yarn - Sirdar Montana - with it's contrasting colour changes and good stitch definition.  This is currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

Still knitting the big cardigan with the planes, and currently sewing a very complicated small embroidered fish...but I MUST make time to paint, withdrawal symptoms kicking in.



No comments: