Sunday 13 October 2019

Peanut!

 I had a sweet little commission this month - to design & make a replica of Bear 902 Peanut! 
 I have to admit that I had to think about this for quite a while before I knew how to go about it.  I bought some different fur fabric (called wolf hair for some reason) and hoped that it would be OK.
 Cutting the pattern was quite tricky as I had to ensure the fur lay smooth and in the right direction in all pieces. 
After I sewed the ears on, it all looked a bit weird, like a very hairy rat and I was a little panicky!  However, after taking Peanut out into the garden and giving her a very good haircut, suddenly she emerged looking pretty good.  A little bit of shaping with some stitching around the face, and she was ready.  Off she goes in the post tomorrow to surprise someone...

No comments: