Thursday 12 January 2023

First Painting of 2023...


 Happy New Year!  After December being full of sickness, things going wrong and bad weather, 2023 seems to have got off to a bit of a better start, although the weather is still abysmal.

I've not been able to paint for about 6 weeks since Mr.B had his second knee replacement surgery.  It's hard to find the time when you are caring for two people as well as trying to prepare for Christmas.  It has been incredibly frustrating, especially as I have three commissions waiting patiently in the wings. So rather than start with a commission, I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a quick bear - I know what I am doing with a bear, and it is a excellent way to get those painting muscles moving again. It felt very good to get paint on to paper once more!

So now that is finished (and it looks like I may have sold it already) I can get on with my first commission, which is a double pet portrait in acrylics. I've not painted one of these for a very long time, so I am really looking forward to it.


I'm also crocheting a very interesting shawl for someone - consists of 15 sunflowers.  Watch this space!

2 comments:

Bryni said...

Happy New Year!
I'm one of those pesky lurkers who read and read and read but just won't comment.
So I thought it was high time to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I come by here daily to see if you've written something new and are showing a fabulous painting or knitted item I can admire. :-)

Caroline B said...

Hi Bryni, nice to hear from a lurker! Happy New Year to you too! I've not been posting as much as I'd like over the past couple of months due to the situation at home - hopefully things will get a bit more interesting this year.