Thursday 1 June 2023

Finally Finished...


 This commission has taken me literally months to complete, mainly due to April being a complete disaster with my daughter's illness.  Once we had got over that, I had lost all motivation and it was difficult to get back in the swing of things as far as painting was concerned.

I was also not happy with the composition of this piece - the dog's head peering through the lilies is a picture of the same dog when it was a puppy, at the client's request. It is not something I would have ever chosen to do myself.  I also had about 6 photographs to work from in order to get the exact composition wanted by the client, so it was quite a task!

However, it finally got finished this week and the client is very happy with it, which is all I ask for really.  This was painted in watercolour on paper.

Next up - a pair of pugs in pencil on paper!  Looking forward to that one.  Funny how this year it is all about dogs whereas last year it was all about bears...


No comments: