Thursday 3 October 2024

Normal Service Will Be Resumed Shortly...

 It has been well over a month since I posted here - sorry about that, but I have been a tad busy!  I had to finish the final designs for the new Nudinits book (coming out next year!) which involved some intensive knitting followed by intensive typing.  I'm afraid I cannot show any of this.

We also had a short break and spent a few days down by the sea - the weather was not particularly great, but we still had fun searching for fossils, eating too much and generally pottering about.  It was good to get away after the pressure of the knitting work!

I've had a horrendous artist's block as far as painting is concerned - commissions have been almost non-existent this year for some reason, and I just haven't felt much like doing any of my own stuff.  I forced myself to find something to paint last week and am currently working on a small sparrow painting and feeling a bit more enthusiastic.

I'm finally getting around to painting the rest of the bathroom - I had a burst of enthusiasm when Mr.B made the wooden panelling for the side of the bath, but I didn't like the paint I had used for the wall next to the bath, it was the wrong shade of blue.  So I bought some different paint which looked to be the right colour on the side of the tin - turned out to be far too dark and (eugh!) shiny.  So this week I bit the bullet and paid a small fortune to have the colour I like mixed specially - so now I have no excuse not to get on with it!

So hopefully things will be getting back to normal and I will be posting some pictures of interest soon.

No comments: