Friday 10 July 2020

Chunk & Max...

 This week I experimented with making a different bear using some darker fur I ordered before lockdown & promptly forgot about!  This is bear 32 Chunk,another character living at Brooks Falls, Katma National Park, Alaska.  He has quite a distinctive body shape, a very rounded behind like a light bulb, which is what I wanted to re-create with my toy.

I did this by adding an inch to the back end of the pattern.  It took a fair bit of stuffing too!  He turned out very cute - so cute that he sold within half an hour of me posting him on Etsy!  Think I had better make some more...

This is Max, the first dog portrait I have done for a very long time.  This was a commission and it felt odd to be working in pencil again after so long.  He turned out pretty well and Max's owner is very happy - so happy she has commissioned another dog portrait!

No comments: