Friday 17 July 2020

Righting A Wrong...

I am usually very meticulous about removing a painting from my Etsy shop if I have sold it elsewhere.  Last week for the first time ever, I had the absolute nightmare of selling a painting on Etsy and then discovering it was nowhere to be found in my portfolios.  I turned the house upside down three times, and could not find it anywhere.  I could not recall having sold it either.  So I had to go to the buyer with hands held up and admit to having fallen down miserably.  I offered either a refund or to repaint the picture.  The buyer chose a re-paint.  Thankfully the original painting was done a couple of years ago, so painting the subject again was not dull - I purposely did not look at photos of the first one during painting as I wanted the second one to be fresh.  The photo above is the new version.

This is the old version - I think the newer one has come out better and much to my relief, so does the buyer! Lesson learned - keep better records!

No comments: