Tuesday 2 March 2021

Ringo...

Just finished this little guy - he's a replica of a real lurcher.
He was quite difficult to find the yarns for - firstly because no yarn shops are open and I had to order on line and hope that what I got would suffice, as I had nothing suitable in my stash.
And secondly, because he is one of those shaggy lurchers who aren't one particular colour.
So I ended up using two light brown yarns together in order to get the sizing, and then sewing in a soft cream eyelash yarn to get his fluffy bits - oh, and a different eyelash yarn altogether for his darker ears.

Hopefully his new owner will think it looks like their real dog!

In other news, I spent yesterday morning cuddling my new granddaughter...
 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Congratulations! Are you making a teddy bear for the new little girl?

Caroline B said...

I've knitted clothes for her, no point in making toys just yet but I definitely will! She's going to be very spoiled I think...