Thursday 1 April 2021

Boots & Budgies...

Last week we had a new patio door fitted - which meant I had to clear out that corner of the sitting room - which meant I discovered a pile of craft magazines that had been hidden under a side table - and on the cover of one of them was a picture of these cuties with a pattern inside - so of course I had to make them!  They are tiny, about 8 cm long - hopefully will fit the new granddaughter!
The previous week we had a sad few days when we had to have our budgie put to sleep as he had a large tumour on the side of his face and was not well at all.  He wasn't very old, about 4, but I think as we had bought him from a garden centre he probably did not have the best start in life which contributed to his health problems.  It was horribly quiet in the house without him so I set about looking for a new feathered companion.  Turns out that due to recent legislation plus Covid, finding baby budgies is a lot harder than I thought!  However, we tracked down a shop that had 6 little budgies coming in last weekend so we made the drive (down to the coast!) and picked one up - I had to reserve one as apparently there had been about 100 enquiries!  So meet JoJo, a seven week old little chap/chappess who is settling in slowly but surely.  I am hoping this one will also be a bit less frightened of handling than his precedessor as he has had a gentler start to his life.
 

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the sound of my budgies, especially in the morning.

Laura Sparling said...

Aw, sorry to hear about your feathered friend. JoJo is very sweet! Such pretty colours.