Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas Commission Complete

Amongst all the other work I have going on at the moment, I have been working on the above which is a private commission. I must admit, out of everything I've been painting over the last couple of months, Cody here has been my favourite. It's all very well earning the 'bread and butter' money with commercial work, but my first love is still animal portraiture. Cody has been painted (drawn?) using Derwent Drawing pencils on mid-blue Daler-Rowney 'Murano' paper. Hopefully in the New Year I will have more time for this type of work.

The kitten calendar work is now finished - I cannot believe I have produced 12 themed kitten pictures as well as 8 for the puppy calendar over the past few months....and 27 potato paintings...and the above! Just four more puppies to do and I can finally have a break over Christmas with nothing to paint except potatoes.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy! Captured absolutely perfectly! Stunning - thanks again x

natural attrill said...

Lovely work Caroline.
P.x

Laura Sparling said...

This is wonderful, Caroline!

You have been SO busy! You must dream about potatoes in your sleep .....

Helz Cuppleditch said...

Absolutely gorgeous Caroline.... I can't believe you are doing ALL this work at the moment.

Helz x

Sallie said...

Cody is amazing! You are sooooo talented.

Anonymous said...

wow!, Caroline, you really excel at pet potraits, the picture of Cody is fantastic. sarah