Tuesday 22 December 2009

I Know It's Not Exactly Festive.....

...but I did enjoy painting this! It's the Granary Burial Ground in Boston, site of Paul Revere's tomb. I was fascinated by the tiny dark gravestones when we went there, especially against the bright autumnal leaves, and have been itching to paint it for weeks now. It's a simple watercolour, just using a couple of sable brushes.

Potato Number 99 awaits in the fridge....the penultimate spud! I wonder if I can get it done before Christmas....

6 comments:

Gordon Fraser said...

Cool!

Happy Christmas me deario!

gothel

Sallie said...

I love this watercolor. So pretty. Good luck with the potato.

Gretel said...

I think one can have a little too much of Christmas...what a refreshing change! Are you really only two potatoes away from freedom? I think you deserve some kind of illustration-bravery award!

Magpie Magic said...

Lovely watercolour. There's nothing wrong with the subject in this season. Just makes us think of those that have gone on before us. :-)

Merry Christmas!

Helz Cuppleditch said...

Wonderful painting Caroline! Happy Christmas to you and all your family, may 2010 be full of commissions, inspiration and no more potatoes!! Helz x

Soggibottom said...

Worth the wait x x x