Monday 5 November 2012

Bears & Booty....

Having had a week without having touched a needle, neither knitting nor sewing, I've come back raring to go.  There is plenty of commissioned work to be done, but I took a little time away from that yesterday to whip up this little felt grizzly ornament from a pattern in this month's edition of Handmade Living.  There is also a fox pattern I want to make when I get a spare minute.

I'm slowly sifting through the hundreds of photos we took in Boston - there will be more when I have sorted them out.  For the time being, here is this year's plunder from the discount fabric store that just happened to be opposite our hotel.  I could have spent every penny I had in there, but managed to restrain myself and only buy 6 yards from the remnants table.
Just as well, because I spent what was ostensibly 2 days food money on this pendant I found at a craft market.  I don't know if you can see it clearly - it's very tiny and hard to photograph - but it is a diorama of a park bench with a flock of pigeons sitting on it and a bin nearby.  The pendant is only about an inch wide and the pigeons about an eighth of an inch tall.  It was one of those things I had to have - all hand made and incredible workmanship.  You can see a few more of the designs at Stern Design Works - it was very hard to make a choice, I was tempted by the itsy cows and pigs too....
I'll leave you with us sitting in the sun on Halloween....



1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Looks like you had a great time, love the pendant and the bear. :-) xoxo