Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day and that it was everything you'd hoped it would be. After the insanity that was last week's shopping, preparations and tantrums, our day went beautifully smoothly and we all enjoyed it immensely.  Presents were all appreciated (bar one lone dvd...), lunch was ready on time and delicious, and one young lady got to watch the new Dr.Who episode whilst revelling in her collection of new Dr.Who stuff, including a dressing gown, t-shirt, calendar and a year's subscription to the magazine! (No, it wasn't me!!)

Among my presents were these two brilliant books which I can't wait to use - I reckon if I start now I can have my whole family kitted out in hats and slippers for next Christmas....

One is already well on it's way - just needs some eyes and a lining.
On Christmas Eve we bought the new edition of the Jamie Oliver magazine as it had this illustration in it - my son's work!  That's two magazines currently on the newstands with his illustrations in.  I don't think there is anyone left within a 5 mile radius that I haven't told!
You may recognize the dog in the picture......
....this is his more usual pose.  After a bad start to his Christmas Day when he decided being walked in torrential rain on a marshy, flooded field in a horrible new coat was too much to handle and turned tail to run almost all the way home with me in hot pursuit, he then spent the rest of his day gnawing on his new venison flavoured bone, being fed tidbits of duck under the dinner table and snuggling up to various members of the family.  He escaped doing the washing up too....


1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Love your new books! Fab and just down your street. However, I like my new dragon even better. :-) Thanks so much! :-) I'll post some pics on my blog soon. :-) xoxo