Sunday 30 December 2012

Closing 2012 - Caught Up!

 

I had great fun crocheting this angler fish - a very simple pattern from the brilliant book, 75 Shells, Corals and Sea Creatures.  It is so clever, with effective little touches such as using a lace border to make the ring of teeth - just the picots show, the rest of the lace is tucked inside the felt mouth lining.

I just suddenly realised that with the completion of these little guys, I have finally finished all outstanding projects from 2012!  There are still plenty of items still to be made for the animated film and a couple of very recent commissions, but the long list that has dominated my computer screen for the past few months is finally empty - yay!
However, I am about to embark on possibly the most ambitious knitted article yet.  Luckily I live with someone who restores classic cars for a living and who can help me with the basic structure; although I have a sneaking suspicion I may end up beating him over the head with it at some point in the future.....

Can you see the 7 jars of marmalade I made yesterday in the background?  It came at a price as I sliced my hand open on the Mamade tin.....I told you I shouldn't be allowed to touch sharp objects!
 


2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

catching up at long last, wow, that is some car :-)
Have a very happy New Year x x x

Magpie Magic said...

You have been busy! :-) Love the fishies and can't wait to see the finished car... See what I've got on my blog... :-) ♥

Happy New Year! ♥♥♥♥♥