Tuesday 28 May 2013

Ticking Off The 'To Do' List

My 'to do' list has been rather long of late - no spare time really when I am at the day job.  So with this week being half term, I have been methodically getting those little jobs done.  This cat has had the wire taken out of his tail and his head sewn on securely so that he will be a safe item to go in my Etsy shop later on.  I also gave him a leather collar rather than the knitted one, as there is no need for everything about him to be knitted now that he is not going to be in the film.  I have sewn him a comfy felt bed lined with cute fabric - that just needs a few decorative buttons I think.  When he has his food bowl and toy, he will be ready for adoption!
My porch now has just about everything squared away - all that is left to do is to build some shoe racks that I bought in Ikea a while back.  We put up the curtain rod at the weekend and yesterday I taught myself how to put metal eyelets in fabric (that's not easy!!) and sewed up a curtain to hide the shelf units when they are not in use.  Love this fabric from Ikea - it's covered in big birds with attitude!
For a couple of months now there has been a selection of battered old silver cutlery knocking around on my kitchen table, waiting to be turned into coat hooks.  I drilled the holes last week finally, but had to ask my partner to do the bending into shape as I was just not strong enough.  This one is in the porch especially to hang Clovis's lead on.
The others need a little tittivating to make sure they lie flat against the wall when screwed into place, then will be available for sale.

We've also built a table for our bonsaii trees this weekend (I say 'we', that's not true at all, I just watched!), put down a thingy to hold the new carpet in place, tidied the patio, planted out some pot-bound buddleia, and I have had a chance to tidy up around here after weeks of chaos.

So the list is back down to manageable proportions once more - for a while at least!



2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Love the idea for the hangers. :-) I HAVE A TOMATO on a plant by the way :-) Have a peaceful week :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Love you spoon rack. :-) Isn't it nice that everything is back in its place and tidy? xoxo