Sunday 5 May 2013

How To Spend A Bank Holiday Weekend...

Go to a car boot sale - first one of the year for us.  Last year we almost vowed never to bother again after coming home empty handed time after time.  Today I found some lovely booty - brand new acrylic paints and ink at a fraction of shop prices, the story of Seabiscuit which I have been after for years, a plastic tablecloth covered in cartoon cows (drying from a good wash right now), and my best treasure, a book of Aubrey Beardsley drawings.  If we hadn't got there really late after delivering some paintings, who knows what elese we might have found!
Go dog walking and see all the flowers and blossom that has come out over the past week since we've actually had some sunshine and warmth.  If all goes well, this could be a bumper month for sloes at least - I call dibs on this tree's harvest!
Knit poo...you don't have to do this, but I did.  And a collecting bag...and a bin.  When I say I get cr*p jobs, I'm not being rude, it's the truth!  The next few items for the animation have nothing to do with animal waste - I have to admit I am quite proud of the bin, but have to keep it under wraps for now.

Still got one more day to go - let's see what tomorrow brings....



2 comments:

Rona said...

I'm really jealous of your Beardsly book. My gran had that book and I always wanted it. Unfortunately I was here in New Zealand and she was in Scotland when she went into a home with dementia. The family didn't think to ask. If I wanted anything. Just as well she gave me my Japanese vases that I love before I left Scotland. Enjoy your treasure.

Caroline B said...

That's funny - my parents had a Beardsley book when I was little that I used to look at frequently as I loved the style of drawing, but I don't know what happened to that. So now I have my own!