Tuesday 27 August 2013

There's No Place Like Gnome...

I bought these cute gnome beads just for the fun of it without any real idea of how to use them. I was initially thinking of using head pins and wire, but yesterday had a bit of an epiphany and thought about incorporating them into a crocheted bracelet.  The brown band is crocheted, the grass is embroidered and the flowers are tiny buttons.  I absolutely love this - I'm in two minds as to whether or not to keep it for myself or put it in my shop!
It fastens with a button and sits snugly on the wrist.  I have three more gnome beads which means three more bracelets - please leave a comment if you think it would be something people would want to buy. Your feedback is always invaluable - my taste is always a little left field, so I can't always judge what would be popular to buyers!
Also had time to finish this shawl/scarf last week.  As I knitted this yarn, the patterns put me in mind of the ripples left in the sand when the tide goes out, with water trapped in the ridges - so this scarf has the title 'Water's Edge'.  It will be going into the Etsy shop later today.

I have also been knitted all the various components for the  car to be used in the animated film.  It's nearly done, it just needs assembling and the detailing such as numberplates, wing mirrors etc.  I am very curious to see what it will look like when assembled!
While photographing the above in the garden this morning, I spotted this leaf with a dew drop on every point.  I do wish I was better at photography!









1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

What a cute bracelet. Not sure if it's quite my thing but it's unusual and lovely. I'd make it to commission so it can be made for a child as well as an adult. :-)

The shawl is to die for! Love it.

Don't put yourself down, it's a well spotted photograph. :-)
xoxo