Wednesday 4 December 2013

Santa's Slay.....

Looks like Christmas might be in jeopardy - someone has culled Santa's team of reindeer!  Yes, including Rudolph!
These are what I have been working on this week, despite all sorts of distractions.  I could have done without having to help build a shed or the evening brown out two days ago.  Knitting by candlelight is NOT fun!
Don't know why I didn't think of it but adding a red nose to a hunting trophy is the icing on the cake - maybe next Christmas I will make some more like this.  This one is on it's way to NY.

It's been a busy week - I had a stall at my school's Christmas fair on Saturday which was a complete waste of time as I sold one item.  I guess I just cannot compete with a tombola and a lucky dip!  Consequently, I have some things left over that were made especially, so they are up for sale here now.
A nice festive zombie?
Who comes apart in your hands?  If you would like one of these, do get in touch - they are going for £25 plus postage.
Here's the other one - slightly smaller and with different coloured clothes.
Still with the tear-and-share option!
This little guy will be in my Etsy shop later today - not time to list him this morning, I have to go to the day job!

One a brighter note, I four paintings inthe local exhibition last weekend and sold three.  Amazing result!  Not only that, I won Best in Show as voted for by the public with this picture:


Brilliant, that made my week!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the school show. They clearly don't know skill, talent, and quality when they see it!

You're right, the red nose is funny. If were to pick noses, red is the nose I'd pick.
(or maybe a reversible nose or rotating nose so it can be red or black, as you like??)

Love those zombies.

And a huge CONGRATULATIONS on selling three of four paintings and winning BEST IN SHOW!
I love that winter scene. It's one of my faves. and it amazes me you used no white when painting it.

off to MA and NY - freezing rain forecasted. so not what I'm used to. Don't have proper winter clothes/shoes for that! Was hoping to see snow for the first time in 10 or 12 years. [sigh]

T




Magpie Magic said...

Love the zombies. :-) I've long ago given up on school shows. There's just nothing to be had. :-( So pleased for you regarding the paintings and this one has always been one of my favourites of yours.

xoxoxo