Friday 8 August 2014

There's A Kind Of Hush...

So, this morning there were no builders outside....I waited just to make sure they weren't lulling me into a false sense of security, then it was time to whizz round the housework, do a bit of cooking for later, fly to the supermarket and back, and ahhhh, have two hours at the easel before lunch.

This acrylic is based on a photo of a lighthouse in Oregon - nowhere I have been unfortunately!  It did beg to be painted though - the idea of being by the sea in the sunshine is very compelling at the moment.  So much so that we have booked a few days in Alderney at the tail end of summer.  I cannot wait - just to sit on a beach with my paints, to beachcomb, to eat fresh fish and chips and not be woken up by diggers and drills....

Currently on the needles - the alphabet!

1 comment:

Soggibottom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.