Saturday 21 January 2017

Almost There...

Here is one end of the newly refurbished kitchen - not quite finished as we are still missing the cooker hood and a nice pale blue metal bin, both of which arrived severely damaged and are being replaced.  I also want to replace the brown rug with a blue one but it's cold underfoot at the moment, so the rug stays!

Yesterday we spent most of the day re-assembling the bookcases that live at the other end of the room - they have been under severe strain over the years holding a great deal of books and were coming apart at the seams.  So with that done, we are ready today to bring down everything that has been jammed into the spare room & my daughter's bedroom for the past three weeks and find a home for it all.  I feel I am going to have to be quite ruthless if I want the place to remain clear of clutter - not something I am good at!  Wish me luck...

2 comments:

BumbleVee said...

We've just completed a renovation in our downstairs area and have had stuff stored in other rooms for 9 months...yup, it took a while. We did a lot of it ourselves.
I am being totally ruthless.. Lots to the thrift shops... some to friends ... some goes out by the fence in the alleyway and scavenging folks take it.... it's been fun actually.... quite therapeutic and cathartic.

Caroline B said...

Wow - 9 months would have just about done me in! It has been cathartic but I haven't thrown away as much as I thought I would - turns out we use most of it!