Saturday 29 July 2017

Polite Notice

I recently had someone (anonymously) comment on a post here three times, asking for a free pattern of the item I was writing about.  I was a little annoyed.  Firstly, if they had bothered to read the post, the item was made from a pattern in a book - I will always credit a book when I use a pattern.  If you like what I have made, then go buy the book as I am not about to give away for free someone else's hard work.

Secondly, if the item I am writing about was designed and made by me, then unless it specifically has a link to a free pattern, then no, there is no free pattern.  I work very hard when it comes to designing and writing patterns - would you ask your plumber or electrician to work for free?  I don't think so...

Thirdly, on many occasions the items I design are not for me but for someone else and therefore I am not at liberty to give away/sell the pattern.

And finally, it really rubs me up the wrong way if someone cannot be bothered to use a name or write more than a one line terse request "how can I get the free pattern please". I generally don't respond well to rudeness.  If someone comes to me asking politely for help or where they can find a pattern, I will always take the time to respond as best I can. Often the people I respond to don't bother to say thank you or even acknowledge my reply.  You get kind of jaded after a while....so no, no you can't have the pattern for free.

Rant over...normal service will be resumed shortly.

1 comment:

Free Game said...

Legend is on our side with a new update to Super Smash Flash, a fighting game that everyone knows. More fun and more challenging sections await you, moreover, Super Smash Flash version 4 has been developed as much as graphics in the section. Super Smash Flash 4 is your opponent and you look forward to it.