Friday 26 April 2019

Study In Water

After the Easter weekend with everyone home for four days, it was good to get back to the easel on Tuesday.  I've had this painting in the back of my mind for a couple of years ever since I took a snap on Explore.org bear cams so it was time to put it down on paper.

I have to admit I spent more time on painting the water than the bear - it is one of my pleasures to play with paint & water to see what happens as it mixes and swirls on the paper.  I used a couple of my precious Daniel Smith watercolours, and they granulate and create interesting effects all by themselves.

Then the bear was another exercise in mixing the paint on paper to get the effect I wanted on the head and the wet fur.  I just love watercolours, you never know if they will cooperate or not!

No comments: