Thursday 18 April 2019

Diddly Donkey...

When my daughter was at infant school, she learnt the Christmas song Little Donkey for the nativity play - she couldn't pronounce 'little' so it became 'diddly donkey' and she sang it for months after Christmas.  So it has stuck - she has grown up and can say the title properly, but me and Mr.B still call it Diddly Donkey...

This is a watercolour painting of a mare & foal donkey at Miller's Ark that we saw a couple of weeks ago.  The foal was only a couple of weeks old and cute as a button.  I have tried to keep this one as loose as I could - not as loose as I would have liked but still relaxed on the detail for me!  It was a lot of fun to do and a bit of a break inbetween commissions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you heard the scottish grandma reading "wonky donkey?
Go to Youtube and look for it. about 4 minute video.
here's a link - hope it works for you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsZohEMn38


wonky donkey

T

Sue Doran said...

This made me smile :-)