Thursday 8 August 2019

Update...

It's been a week since my eye surgery and all has gone well.  It took a few days for the blurriness to subside but now I am seeing incredibly well from that eye - it is amazing the difference it has made to clarity and colour.  I can't wait to have the other eye done, but that will not be until late September/October.

In the meantime, I am trying to find a way to get back to painting.  Initially I was still wearing my old glasses but it reached the point where one good eye and one duff eye was meaning my vision was a bit wonky both with and  without glasses.  So after consulting the optician, I have had the lens on the left removed from my glasses which has made things better - felt a bit seasick at the beginning but after a couple of days my brain adjusted to it!  It's still a bit tricky to focus on close work - the first brushstrokes I made a couple of days ago ruined the work I drew out before my surgery and I have started again.  But yesterday I was able to draw with very few problems - can't do it for too long yet though.  Same goes for sewing/knitting - it's do-able but not for long periods.  But it's early days still - every day gets better!

No comments: