Saturday 4 January 2020

I Made A Moomin...

 Over the Christmas period I crocheted this Moomin from a pattern that I got from the Simply Crochet magazine.  The pattern called for DK yarn but the finished measurements seemed quite large for my tastes.
 So of course I chose the thinnest yarn I had in my stash, used a very small crochet hook, and the darn thing took far longer than it should because everything was so small.
However, it was worth the effort - I really like him (especially his 'jazz hands') and he is about half the size quoted in the pattern.  Not sure what to do with him now - stand him next to the knitted Grommit I made last month I guess...

After 3 months of waiting, I finally got the phone call I've been hoping for - my second eye surgery is scheduled for the 28th January.  I cannot wait!  I have to admit, it has been very difficult since August trying to paint and craft with one lens in my glasses and that one a varifocal lens to boot.  The 'new' eye really needs glasses for painting, reading and sewing but there has been nothing I can do about it until the other eye has been operated on.  So I have been doing my best, painting at arm's length in order to focus as best I can, and crafting in the evenings using the headset magnifiyer.  It's not been easy.  So the prospect of it all being sorted out makes me very happy!  In the meantime, I have a long list of commissions to get done before my op...

No comments: