Sunday 26 January 2020

Second Eye...

I've been waiting since September to hear when my second eye operation will be and finally got the phone call straight after New Year's Day.  I'll be going into hospital at the crack of dawn on Tuesday for cataract removal and lens replacement on my right eye.  Now that I know it's just fifteen minutes of discomfort followed by a miraculous improvement in vision, I am so impatient for it to be done.  The past five months have been manageable with the help of a magnifying lens, altering my painting position, and various other small changes, but for the past few weeks it's been getting more and more difficult to paint.  The one remaining lens in my glasses is getting scratched and blurry and it is a varifocal so not supposed to be used for close work.  As a result, I paint for about three quarters of an hour then start to feel an ache in my 'good' eye and a headache follows.

I've managed to complete most outstanding commissioned work this month - the one remaining painting is not a rush job so I will hold off until I can see it properly!  I've cut out and sewn the seams to 11 stuffed bears, but only completed two - again, no rush for the others.  I've also managed to get any pending doctor/dentist/hairdresser/groomer appointments over and done with this month as I know I won't be able to drive for a while and am supposed to stay away from dirt and antyhig that might cause an infection.

So it's all systems go for Tuesday - see you on the other side!

No comments: