Tuesday 10 March 2020

Haven't Done This For A Long Time...

 I find knitting repetative patterns very soothing and a good stress-busting tool.  Lord knows we need anything that can keep us calm at the moment!  I bought some yarn cakes a few weeks ago that were at a ridiculously low price and was pleasantly surprised to receive them and see how very nice the yarn was.  The next problem was to find a project to use them on.  I have a book of patterns of items that can be knitted using one skein so picked this triangular scarf as the first project.  It has turned out very nicely but I am a little disappointed it did not use all the colours in my yarn cake!  The next shade would have been white which really makes the other colours pop.
However, that's just me, the scarf itself is very pretty indeed, soft and warm.  The yarn is an 80/20% acrylic wool mix so should be hard wearing too.  The shade was called Unicorn - not sure why!
This is currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments: