Monday 8 June 2020

Something Completely Different...

Back in my teenage years - it was the '70's - I drew a lot of fantasy pictures, dragons, unicorns, pensive looking ladies in long flowing dresses.  But over the years I lost interest in producing this kind of artwork, preferring more natural subjects with a realistic rendition.

But this Spring I was asked to come up with a drawing of a phoenix entwined with a dragon for a friend of mine.  I agreed to it but spent weeks procrastinating and agonising over how I would be able to achieve what she wanted.  I finally had to bite the bullet - it's for a birthday present and the date is very close now - and get on with it.  Once I had a few pencil markings on the paper, I began to get into it and it made a nice change to come up with something from my imagination.  I was starting to get tired of it before the end though and now can't wait to get back to some watercolour!

No comments: