Saturday 25 February 2023

Knitting A Rainbow...



 

I found this wonderful bright yarn at our local Hobbycraft store a few weeks ago, and it took me a while to decide what to make with it. In the end I chose this lacy scarf, knitted in two halves and grafted together in the middle.

It has turned out well, despite the Kitchener grafting being the wrong way round and causing a ridge down the centre - the instructions in the book were either wrong or I misinterpreted them!  This only took just over half a ball of this yarn, so I have that and another ball left over - what to make, what to make...

I'm extremely busy at the moment - unusual for the weeks following Christmas.  I have a dog portrait on the drawing board, another waiting in the wings, two painted boxes to do, two  knitted hats and some rather interesting animation pieces to knit.  Perhaps the family can learn to feed themselves for a while?


No comments: