Friday 3 March 2023

Hats...

I seem to be knitting an awful lot of hats lately - but that's OK, they are quick and easy.  I had a last minute hat to knit for my granddaughter over the weekend last week - she was going as the Very Hungry Caterpillar for Book Day and needed this to top off the costume.  After a bit of a tantrum and refusing to try it on when she first saw it (they don't call it the Terrible Twos for nothing!) apparently she went off to nursery in her costume yesterday very happy.

 Thse are a couple of hats knitted from patterns in the Knit the National Parks book.  The one on the left is based on Yellowstone and the one on the right is Capitol Reef.  I like the Yellowstone hat very much, not so keen on the other one, but I do know that it represents a rock formation so I guess if you know, you know!  These are a commission.

Still on the drawing board, that wonderful army service dog - I am working on his medals now and it feels like they might actually take more time to do than the dog! Wish me luck...

No comments: