Wednesday 15 February 2023

Snow Dogs Complete...

And suddenly it was finished.  I can always sense when a painting is nearly done - I start to get bored and think about the next piece I have lined up, but I wasn't quite sure this one was ready.  Turns out it was - just an hour's work yesterday and there it was, all done.  I am very pleased with how this one has turned out - I haven't painted such a large acrylic for a very long time, plus the fact that while Mr.B was convalescing I didn't paint at all for two months, I wondered if I might have become rusty.

But just like riding a bike (actually, I can't ride a bicycle, so that's a rubbish analogy) it all came back to me.  This is a private commission, heading off to Maine, USA.

Next up, quite an exciting one, a portrait of an army service dog complete with his medals in coloured pencil.  I've been looking forward to getting my teeth into this one!

No comments: