Friday 3 November 2023

More Sunflowers...


 I had a couple of weeks with no projects and no enthusiasm, so I decided to use up some of the yarn cakes that are languishing in a box in the spare room to make a crochet lap blanket for a friend of mine who has been suffering from long Covid for the past 3 years.  I thought the blanket could use a little brightening up, so sewed some crochet sunflowers on the corners.  I had initially thought to sew more sunflowers all over it, but when I discovered just how thick they made the blanket, I decided against it! I'm hoping this will keep my friend warm and cozy through the winter.

Nothing on the easel - I'm really struggling with the winter blues brought on by horrendous weather and the clock change last weekend.  I find it hard to paint when the light is bad, plus I have no inspiration at the moment.    Hopefully that will change soon before I go nuts!

No comments: