Monday 13 October 2008

Caught a Tiger by the Tail.......

I saw this yarn in an article in this month's Simply Knitting magazine and just couldn't resist - those colours, what's not to like? It is hand dyed merino sock yarn in the shade Roaring Tiger from Violet Green Yarns. But rather than make socks with it (I suffer from the dreaded second sock condition...one is enough!) I fancied making a hat. This is the end result, an adult sized beanie which just happened to grow a tail...my knitting tends to take on a life of it's own!

That used up half the ball......I think there may just have to be some matching mittens or wristwarmers.....

I'm quietly running myself into the ground with the painting at the moment - I'm even dreaming about getting on with the current workload. I'm not complaining about the doing of it all - it's what I've always wanted - but I do wish I could be left alone to get on with it. I'm considering making a giant DO NOT DISTURB sign to hang on the front door to ward off all those cold callers who have suddenly decided to descend on our house this week....

3 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

What a cool hat. Love the way it turns into stripes in the little tail. Really cool. :-)

natural attrill said...

Fun hat Caroline!
Good luck getting on with all your work.
P.x

LadyLinoleum said...

That hat is outstanding!!