Thursday 30 October 2008

Finished in plenty of time

I'm very aware that most of the posts here lately have been knitting related and perhaps a little boring. I have been working very hard over the past few weeks but haven't felt I could really show the finished artworks as they are for publication elsewhere. However, as the above needs a little tinkering before it goes off to be made official, I thought it could have an airing. This is one of eight calendar designs I have completed over the past month or so....only 16 more to go!

I was terrified at the prospect of taking on so much work - never been so busy painting before - but (touch wood) it seems to be working out OK. The house is reasonably clean, dogs are walked, the day job is attended, and although I'm wandering round in a bit of a fog everything that needs to get done seems to get done. So what if there are a few cobwebs in the corners or dust on the picture frames!

One more potato picture to paint and then I can actually take it easy for a day or so before starting all over again.

4 comments:

Raggy Rat said...

another superbly rendered cutie
and he apears to be reading the copyright text :-)

who is producing your calander?
cat xxx

Caroline B said...

Don't know Cat - I got the commission through an agent, so not to sure of the company, I only know it is one of the 'cheaper' lot - look out for me in your local pound store next Christmas!!

Magpie Magic said...

This is really pretty. Love the interaction between the frog and the dog. Really lovely.

natural attrill said...

Lovely work, esp like the little frog.
P.x
(dont like that copyright writing though!!)