Monday 16 November 2009

Allsorts...

All too quickly Christmas is almost upon us, and with it the usual round of school fairs. Having signed up for a few, I realised that with all the potato painting and various other commissions this year, I haven't got very much new stock. Time to start sewing.....five little purses done so far, fully lined with matching felt and just awaiting some zipper charms to complete them.


Here are the two little pets finished and ready to be sent off, together with their food bowls, carrots and lettuce. Excuse the bad picture - light just reflects off the white wool and it's far too windy to go outside for a photo session. I am planning more guinea pigs....but with squeakers this time.


Finally about an afternoon's work from completion is the dog portrait I have had on the go for weeks now when I had spare time from potatoes. It is for the mother of a child I help at work, and he firmly put me in my place last week when I dropped into the conversation that the picture of his dog was nearly finished.

"Well, you've had enough time to do it!"

Quite.
I would point out that when I was given this commission there was no time limit attached and the lady was well aware that the potato illustrations came first, and I have done 91 potatoes.....but to argue this point with a 6 year old? Best not!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

You have been busy! I love the little day of the day purse. It's so cute!

The guinea pig and rabbit plus accessories worked out really well.

The dog is fab. I am sure its new owner will love it when it's done and it will have been worth the wait. LOL Kids!

Soggibottom said...

i have seen so many artist who paint pets...... this dog has such ...oh, I don't know....this is me... charm..... Caroline...you can paint Amie Soto Blossom anytime(as long as it's in her snoring mode).............NO TIME LIMIT x x x Spuds or no spuds.....